Safest paint for raised beds

  • Subject: [cg] Safest paint for raised beds
  • From: "Sharon Gordon" gordonse@one.net
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:09:11 -0400

What have people found to be the safest paints for raised beds?  We know to
avoid the old or new styles of treated wood.  And redwood and cedar are out
of the budget.  Mortered bricks/cement blocks/stones are not allowed, and
the water on the slope would disassemble unmortered items in the next big
rain.  So we are looking for outdoor paints or treatments that are ok around
food plants.

Thanks for any ideas you might have that we could try.