Green Roof Summer Internship
- Subject: [cg] Green Roof Summer Internship
- From: beautifyNY email@example.com
- Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 07:10:46 -0400
Please post this great opportunity to explore horticulture and sustaninable
*Green Roof Summer Internship*
* $10-12/hr. Full time. Start immediately.*
*We are looking for a full time summer intern to work on green roofs. Green
roofs are engineered systems that places low maintenance vegetation on
rooftops. Primary responsibilities will be general garden maintenance:
planting, weeding, fertilizing, irrigation, documenting ecology, etc. Most
roof sites are in the Baltimore, Annapolis, DC area. The intern will see
many roofs of different ages and stages of development. Magco, Inc is part
of a national roofing contractor, TectaAmerica, but with a locally owned
office- has been successful at green roof development for over 7 years.*
*Must have a driver's license, willingness to climb ladders, and work hard.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who may already be familiar
with green roof technology, however this is knowledge or previous experience
*Various duties the intern may encounter:*
1. Work in the field on current green roof projects
1. Frequent seasonal green roof horticultural maintenance; Weed
and fertilizer management; Establish irrigation management on new or
existing green roof projects
2. Document ecology on roofs, to include plant species
identification (wanted and unwanted species), insects, and birds.
Submit digital images and written documentation; Document and
fix physical changes on roof- edging, gravel misplacement, garbage,
2. Pick up and select plant material from vendors. Help develop new
relationships with vendors. Maintain plant inventory.
3. Assist in establishing green roof research plots.
4. Assist in establishing quality control and service protocols.
5. Assist in installing new green roof projects in the region.
6. Assist in green roof design using CAD.
7. Learn TectaGreen system. Create a library of different products and
materials used- to include roofing membranes, protection fabric, drainage
systems, soil, plants, edging, etc. Identify new products and
8. Update project leads information.
9. Identify financial incentives (local and regional) for potential
clients to feasibly install a green roof.
1. Be able to work alone or with a small crew in a timely and
professional manner while on site or in the office.
2. Be flexible with daily and weekly tasks.
3. Arrive on time, and have 100% attendance- rain or shine.
4. Be willing to attend seminars, lectures, and possible conferences
5. Valid driver's license; ability to lift 50 lbs; and work on
*Please email or fax your resume, cover letter, and availability to:** *
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden