Food Security Request

  • Subject: [cg] Food Security Request
  • From: "Sharon Gordon" gordonse@one.net
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 10:45:59 -0400

Here's a question, I'd been planning to the ask the list, which is asked in
the post below by people from another state.  Does anyone have any
suggestions for them?  If so would you please me a copy of your response as
well?  Also are there any groups doing detailed assessments of how their
community garden plants are adding to a community or family's food security?

Subject: Food Security Request

 Your colleagues in Wisconsin and Colorado are interested in developing a
resource (or modifying an existing resource) to assist county-based staff in
conducting local food security assessments. We're working off of USDA's
Community Food Security Assessment Toolkit and California's What's Cooking
in Your Food System. We'd liked to hear from you if you've used these tools,
and how they've worked for you. And we'd like to know about any other food
security assessment tools/resources you may be familiar with. We don't want
to reinvent the wheel! You can contact Kadi Row (kadi.row@uwex.edu,
608-265-2934) with any ideas or input. Thanks!