[cg] Vole & Grub infestation--cure?

My folks' backyard butts up against a wildlife natural preserve which surrounds a small spring-fed lake.  Due to the infestation of voles & grubs their small patch of lawn resembles a cross-section of honeycomb.  What is the best organic approach to promote "eviction"?
I fear the concept of spraying nematodes because of the latest study released indicating the cause of mutating amphibians is due to nematode 'infections' which 'scramble' the DNA messages thus producing the 'extra appendages'.  I would, obviously, oppose the use of non-organic chemicals.  We are at lost to find the best harmonic approach to 'cure' this problem while respecting the fact we all share this planet.
All input greatly appreciated!
Cyndy Ross, Fellowship Chairperson
Sylvan Lake Lutheran Church & Community Garden
2399 Figa Avenue
W. Bloomfield, MI 48324-1808
H/Ofc (248) 681-6630
H/Fax (248) 681-3115
PS   June 13th we are having a sermon on "God's harvest" & dedication of our community garden.  The service will begin at 9:30 AM & is open to all who wish to attend.