nadertrader.com

  • Subject: [cg] nadertrader.com
  • From: "Kerr, Thomas J." <KerrT@missouri.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:16:50 -0600

www.nadertrader.com

Hi, if you're like me, working too much for too little means I can't afford
to shift policital strategies from progressive to defensive. As ironic as it
seems, our nation needs to continue in its current political and economic
climate, as unjust for working people as it is. The current environment of
quote-prosperity allows for meaningful gains to be made in areas of food
security, social justice, and cultural relations, among others.

www.nadertrader.com

As an advocate for far more and greater social change I cannot envision a
backslide of a four-year term with a Bush/Cheney climate. Period. Regardless
of House/Senate control, regardless of my faith in grass-roots activism;
history shows that while the left was rabid during the 80's, the struggle
was clearly in defense of the few cherished ideals that make the difference
between humanity and what ever's its opposite.

www.nadertrader.com

This is why I am asking your help to encourage Nader supporters in key
states like Missouri to think very hard about swapping votes with a Gore
supporter in decidedly Republican states. Yesterday I made a commitment with
a Texan to cast her Gore vote in Missouri, and she'll cast my Nader vote in
Texas. This will help both parties and hopefully make the difference we're
each seeking. But neither of us is throwing away our ideals, in fact we're
enhancing our position on justice by committing to solidarity - the only act
that has ever made a difference in politics.

www.nadertrader.com

True, I met my Texas ally in person at a third state conference. But given
the stakes, I'd already decided to cast my swing vote for the
Vice-President.

www.nadertrader.com

It is possible to make a similar swap online. Please take a moment to visit
the following website, and pass this message along.

www.nadertrader.com

Remember, while Nader and the Greens arguably have the better platform, a
working class perspective we haven't seen in years, it is very important to
vote smartly if you live in a state which holds lives in the balance.
Literally, and figuratively. I hope I'm wrong, but this election will most
likely not be over until all the votes are cast. Make mine will be the one
vote that makes the difference.

Tom Kerr,
Kansas City, Missouri