RE: Spruce Tree browning

In the last 2 weeks we noticed our blue spruce tree (8 years old) needles are
turning brown on the outside of the branches. We live in Lower Michigan, and
have had plenty of rain this year. We have close to 20 other spruces and now
of them are showing the browning of needles. This is a very beautiful tree
about 10-14 feet tall and we're very concerned that it has an infestation
problem. In the spring we always spray the trees for spider mites as they
have been know to attack the new growth. As it is fall and we have not had
drought conditions we are puzzled.

To my knowledge there has been no damage done to the tree. Is there something
you can suggest that we look for as a sign to why it is being stressed.

Please reply!
Kay Atkinson