Re: RE: Spruce Tree browning

Kay - Given that blue spruce are a popular Christmas tree (for reasons I
can't fathom) check with your local Extension office.  Zillions of blue
spruce must be grown there and someone at the Extension or Michigan State
will be able to help you.  Here's a link to one possible culprit -
http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~ohioline/hyg-fact/3000/3059.html - and you'll
find state Extensions across the country have on-line fact sheets like this.
Maybe do a word search for blue spruce disease.  I don't like those trees,
but good luck anyway!  Bruce Wittchen