arbor day sent little fir trees

Hi!  the Arbor Day Foundation sent me 10 little (about 12in.) fir trees
and one lilac bush the same size.  I live in the northern part of
Missouri and will probably get a cold frost or freeze any time.  Should
I plant these small trees outside or pot plant them through the winter.
They look healthy now but I am afraid they will freeze.  Any help would
be appreciated  thanks   clg