to Jon Scherer from Meg

Dear Jon,

Your e-mail made it down to Costa Rica to our institute called ICADS.  We
could offer you some suggestions or contacts, however your ability to hook
up with various organizations or small farmers depends upon your Spanish
ability.  Also, if you wanted to work with a small organic farmer or farm,
often times you would have to stay with that farmer's family and would need
to pay a stipend.

There is also a farm in Punta Mona on the Carribean coast near Puerto Viejo
de Talamanca where I think you might not have to pay in exchange for help
on their farm and the owner is from the U.S. so you would not need Spanish.

There are lots of options and we can give you some e-mails to get you in
touch with people if you still need contacts.

On a side note, your e-mail struck my eye because my family is originally
from Philadelphia and I plan to move back there either this June or in a
year from this June.  I will take a look at your website, but if there is
other info not on there, I would love it if you could e-mail me some info
on the community garden program if you have it to
starfishandcoffee@hotmail.com

Take care,
Meg Lewis
Field Course Assistant, ICADS