RE: Re: Spruce Tree browning

> There have been several postings this year about stress to evergreens.
> People are puzzled because there's been a lot of rain this year, but the
> stress is a consequence of the drought conditions from THE YEAR BEFORE.
> Trees are very long-lived and seem to operate on a time scale closer to
> geological time than to human time.

Yes Yes Yes!
Thanks for this post. I recently heard an arborist speak and he said we'll
see the effect of last year's drought on trees over the next FIVE to TEN
years.

I want to urge each of you to be very frugal with water use, always. There
is a great misconception in "the land of plenty" that we can use and do
whatever we want without consequences. We can no longer remain unconscious
of how precious each drop of water is. Please be as sparing as possible.
Reduce water use for the essential needs and stop using water in ways you
don't really need. You'll be amazed at how good it feels when you see how
much less water you're using.

Happy gardening,
John