RE: nicaragua community garden

Dear Rand, John & all the Nice Folks at Holy Ghost Prep,

It might do you well for background to look at the history of Nicaragua from
the the early 19th century to the present date to understand the external
and internal reasons for why folks in Nicaragua have a hard time feeding
themselves. You may also want to review attempts of Land Reform in Nicaragua
that have occurred during the above mentioned time period, the Nicaraguan
debt to the World Monetary Fund, and the International Monetary Fund - the
resultant economic restructuring and privatization of the economy -    for
greater insight into why folks are going hungry in a country with good soil
and splendid growing conditions. Nicaragua is not a desert.

Good luck and happy gardening,

Adam Honigman