AmeriCorp VISTA Openings

The Community Action Coalition in Madison, WI. has 3 AmeriCorps VISTA positions open immediatly in our Community Garden Program.  Position 1 will be doing education and outreach to the community to raise public awareness of community gardens and expand the role that they play in building strong communities through a variety of methods.  Position 2 will be working on developing garden leadership to ensure self managed neighborhood gardens and to help gardens along the self-management continuum.  Position 3 will be working at a specific site of 30 acres, Troy Gardens.  Troy has 3 essential components, one is to continue the 268 plot community garden, second to begin development of a community supported agriculture (CSA) farm, and the third part will be an education/ public space/prarie restoration site.  All three positions will begin on January 16, but we will be making our hire by December 8.
For more details contact Jennifer Goodwin at (608)246-4730 ext.216 or email at jenniferg@cacscw.org.  This is a fantastic opportunity to work, learn, and receive training.  AmeriCorps offers a $4,725.00 education award at the end of one year of service.  Plus you receive a monthly living stipend, mileage reimbursement, health benefits, paid trainings, plus invaluable hands on experience with our excellent staff.