RE: What happened with La Plaza Cultural?

1) There is currently a restraining order from NY State Attorney General
Spitzer's office preventing the destruction of any more NYC gardens for the
time being. As you can imagine this is  huge political football, there are
real estate lobbyists trying to undermine it as I type. La Plaza Cultural
still stands.

2) I represented the Clinton Community Garden at several demonstrations
following the demolition of El Jardin de Esperanza ( I was in corporate drag
- like the attorney - amidst the flower suits & assorted East Villiage and
garden activists the street from the NY State court in the East 20's. I am
pleased to say that the CCG contributed to the El Jardin de Esperanza legal
defense fund.) At all demonstrations, there was very much going on and a
great deal of it in both English and Spanish. I spent a bit of my time
helping to keep my younger comrades from getting their heads split open,
talking to cops about the sidewalk space we could demonstrate on,  so I
missed alot of "reportorial" detail.  For further information, please

The NYC Community Garden Coalition: 212-420-8651; http://www.nycgardens.org

The Neighborhood Open Space Coalition ( NOSC): 212-420-8651; This list is
operated by the Neighborhood Open Space Coalition and Friends of Gateway.
Visit http://www.treebranch.com on the web to learn more about organizations
sponsoring mailing lists and/or web sites concerning the environment, open
space, and related urban issues in New York City.

Best wishes,

Adam Honigman
Clinton Community Garden