Apologies for sending a virus

I'm sorry to report that my computer was infected with a mass-mailing worm program called W32.Navidad, which replied to every inbox message with an attachment and replaced it with a copy of itself (you may have seen an eye icon or "navidad.exe"). Hence the proliferation of old messages and virus warnings. If you were unfortunate enough to open the attachment, you can download a repair command from www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.navidad.fix.html.
Sorry to clog up your email and waste your time. I hope any damage done is minimal and reparable. I repaired my own computer as soon as I could figure out how.
The lesson here? Be wary of ever opening an attachment, especially one with an .exe extension. Many, many apologies for your troubles.
Irene Sadowski