Garden count in Philly

According to our Access database, Philadelphia Green supports 928 active
community gardens (at least).
We have a host of semi-active gardens and gardens in limbo that are not on
the "active" list, but the above number is confirmed by our interaction with
them and subsequent record keeping.

This does not account for the number of community gardens Penn State Urban
Gardening supports, nor the handful that have nothing to do with a gardening
non-profit (housing, CDC's, community centers). Nor does it count the
private gardens in the city, which are numerous.

Is Penn State on this list? What's your count?

This TG day, please remember to thank Earth and the elements for what you
eat. They are our only food source.

Happy gardening!

John E. Verin
City Wide Coordinator - Philadelphia Green
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
100 North 20th Street, 5th floor
Philadelphia, PA  19103-1495
Phone: 215-988-8885; Fax 215-988-8810