Request for help/teachers and gardening projects

Hello.  I am writing in regards to Nicole Wile's letter as a teacher involved in school gardening projects. I would like to tell you about the National Wildlife Federation's Schoolyard Habitats Program.
Through this program, we have certified over 1100 schoolyards around the country that have a wildlife habitat on their schoolgrounds.  This includes schools with ponds, grasslands, flower and/or vegetable gardens, wetlands, hiking trails, woodlands, etc.  The requirements to certify is that your natural area needs to provide 1)food for wildlife- nectar, berries, nuts, seeds, feeders
2)water-- bird bath, pond, etc  3)shelter-- old logs, snags, rocks, brush piles and 4) places to raise young-- nestboxes, snags, brush piles, pond, etc.  We certify schools that have this habitat component, and we encourage the use of the outdoor habitat as a learning site for all aged students.  Please visit our website at www.nwf.org/schoolyard to get a better idea of our program.  We also offer mini-grants, curriculum, and teacher training on using and builiding your schoolyard habitat.
Thanks!  Please contact me if you would like an information packet or have any questions.
Sincerely,

Blair Musselwhite
Schoolyard Habitats Intern
National Wildlife Federation