deciduous needle-bearing trees

When I was a Peace Corps volunteer here in Hungary and we got USAID funds to
plant 1000 trees around the town, the guy choosing the trees specifically
picked Larix decidua because it's an attractive needle-bearing tree but
loses its needles in winter - thus not a temptation for people wanting to
nick it as a free Christmas tree.