RE: evergreen that sheds its needles?

This tree sounds like a weeping dawn redwood or a weeping larch (cloned from
a sport).

-----Original Message-----
From: Van Dewalkers [mailto:snbvan@home.com]
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2000 3:13 PM
To: community_garden@mallorn.com
Subject: [cg] evergreen that sheds its needles?

We have a tree in our backyard that sheds its needles every fall.  The first
fall we lived here, we thought it was dead, but come Spring time, it turned
yellow (about now), shed its soft needles, and sprouts all over and is
beautiful again.  This tree is about 4 feet tall, and slumps over naturally
in a hanging pattern with long branches descending to the ground.
Is this a pine or what?  We live in Salem, Oregon