Gardener's Supply Donation Program?

  • Subject: [cg] Gardener's Supply Donation Program?
  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower@snip.net>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 13:48:54 -0500

Hi, Folks!

I was looking through the latest copy of the Gardener's Supply catalog and
saw an section promoting ACGA!  So, I went on their website and found the
following URL about their Donation Program:

http://www.gardenerssupply.com/community/donation_program.asp

According to the webpage:

Sharing our success with the rest of the community is integral to how we do
business. Throughout our 18-year history we have donated 10 percent of our
pretax profits to gardening, sustainable agriculture, food, environmental
and hunger-related causes.

This year, hundreds of groups from around the country received donations of
cash and products. We have also provided major gifts to five nonprofit
organizations. They are:

ACGA is one of the listed organizations.

THEN, they say:

Who we donate to:
We give cash or products to gardening, sustainable agriculture, food,
environmental and hunger-related causes.
How to apply for a donation:
We require that all requests be in writing on the letterhead of your
organization. Please limit your letter to just one page, and include your
project or organization's mission and the specific donation request. Then
mail your request to:

Gardener's Supply Company
Attn: Donations
128 Intervale Rd.
Burlington, VT 05401
Or send by fax: (802) 660-3501

We review requests every three months. So please apply early. Remember: we
only review requests by mail or fax. No e-mails or phone calls!

If you are seeking a donation for a school, please apply through the
National Gardening Association's Youth Garden Grant Program.

So, has anyone received a donation from these folks?  If I mention that I'm
an ACGA member, is the karma that Adam says I have as an ACGA member going
to kick in and get me NEATO STUFF for my community garden????????

Inquiring (and really ticked because if I had known about this before "Make
A Difference Day", I would have asked THEM for the Butterfly Puddling
Mineral Mix instead of bugging all of you for the obscure recipe) minds want
to know!

Heck, I would have asked them for a sundial, too -- a really BIG one instead
of the little tiny alumium sundial face I begged off of Jo-Anne Fabrics 50%
off sale at Memorial Day and then had to get rugged teenage boys to delve
into the woods on "Make A Difference Day" to get the right size log to glue
the sundial face to. . .

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of

The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to www.communitygarden.org