Nov 21 Episode

  • Subject: [cg] Nov 21 Episode
  • From: "Libby J. Goldstein" <libby@igc.org>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 17:40:44 -0500

People:

I cannot tell you how enraged I was at the premise of this episode. I
turned to another station rather than watch your calumny.

Community gardeners and their supporters do not burn down buildings.
They reclaim lots left by arsonists and absentee landlords.

Mayor Giuliani bulldozes gardens and accuses the gardeners of
communist leanings. The truth is that NYC has some 11,000 vacant lots
on which to build low and moderate income housing...which it has yet
to do. It does not need the land on which gardeners have been trying
to reclaim their city and their lives.

This is the second episode in which someone involved in an NYC
community garden was made the perpetrator of some heinous crime. I
suggest that you visit some of the gardeners in their gardens and
stop trying to discredit them.

Sincerely,

Libby J. Goldstein
331 Queen St.