RE: RE: FW: masters program in community gardens

  • Subject: RE: RE: [cg] FW: masters program in community gardens
  • From: "Pohl-Kosbau, Leslie" <PKLESLIE@ci.portland.or.us>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:35:42 -0800

Yes they do have the Urban Farm and class, which is taught by Ann
Bettman(sp)who is a professor in the Landscape Architecture Department at
the University of Oregon. The "farm" class is held on  the campus site. I am
not sure how much the students interact with the City of Eugene-sponsored
community gardens program. There is also a Lane County Food Bank garden
program. To contact the U of O go to www.uoregon.edu  Click on Departments,
then Landscape Architecture. The University of Oregon also has a Department
of Urban Affairs in the Arts and Architecture Department.

Leslie Pohl-Kosbau
Portland Community Gardens