the cold shoulder

  • Subject: [cg] the cold shoulder
  • From: "Ottawa Community Garden Network" cgn.rjc@sandyhillchc.on.ca
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 16:02:16 -0500

Hello gardeners,

What a deafening silence!  I posted a message 10 days ago about using
fridges/freezers as raised beds - and now 10 days have passed without a
single reply! :(    We're thinking of using them for a couple of gardens
here in Ottawa, Canada.  But we'd like to know whether people have had
good experiences (or bad ones)  -  and, even more, we need to find out
if there are any health/environmental concerns we should be aware of.
It might seem that up here in the Great White North should know
everything there is to know about deep freezes, but there it is - we
need your help with this!

All advice is appreciated up here where it's already snowing,

Alex

Alex Hay, Coordinator
Iain Jack, Municipal Policy Project Worker
Community Garden Network of Ottawa/
Reseau de Jardins Communautaire
tel: 613-244-2804
fax: 613-789-4086