Re: the cold shoulder

  • Subject: Re: [cg] the cold shoulder
  • From: David Smead smead@amplepower.com
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:50:23 -0800 (PST)

Alex,

A raised bed is just a bottomless frame, so unless you cut the backs out
of the refrigerators, you will have a tub that doesn't drain well.  If you
have good organic soil it will be quite loose, and plant roots will go
down to 2 feet or more if they can, and of course the deeper the more
resistant to drought. With more root to absorb nutrients, the product will
be better.

Environmentally, expect to find insulation that may contain arsenic
compounds.

--
Sincerely,

David Smead