Organizing leadership

  • Subject: [cg] Organizing leadership
  • From: Samuel Feinson SFeinson03@cityyear.org
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:34:23 -0500

Title: Organizing leadership

I have written once before about the community garden project that City Year Columbia is organizing in Columbia, SC.  While the information a few people have sent me has been wonderful, one question in particular stands out at the moment.  Most available publications lend advice to a community member interested in starting a garden.  Our situation, however, is different.  As an organization that would like to establish a garden for the communities and continually assist in its upkeep, what would the best way to engage already-existing community leadership?  We already have longstanding contacts in the two neighborhoods considered for the garden.  Does anyone have experience in this regard?