to everyone on the list who aren't acga members...

  • Subject: [cg] to everyone on the list who aren't acga members...
  • From: Amanda Maria Edmonds aedmonds@umich.edu
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:28:20 -0500

Dear folks on the listserve who aren't ACGA members...

As an ACGA board member and the membership chair, I'd love to hear-- in a very honest way-- why you aren't ACGA members. You've seen the encouragement from Adam, et al... but I know that many of your still haven't joined! As the (largely volunteer-run) network of good people doing community gardening and greening throughout North America, and beyond, the ACGA relies on its members to stay afloat! If you're so willing, drop me a line (no need to send it to the whole list) at aedmonds@umich.edu and let me know-- is it because no one has asked... or the fees are prohibitive... or you don't understand the benefits... or something else? What would it take to get you to join? I'm asking you this because I want to know so that we can improve our member services... and figure out exactly what we need to do to get you to join!

...and for all those members out there-- you should have received your renewal letter by now. Need I say, "Renew, Renew, Renew!"

Hoping to hear from many of you.

Amanda Maria Edmonds

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
"To forget to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves."
- Mahatma Ghandi