Re: In the demented modern system

  • Subject: Re: [cg] In the demented modern system
  • From: "Brian Kehoe" brkehoe@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:54:34 -0500

Helen,

I wonder if there are any suburban communities where it is acceptable to let your lawn go?  I believe that the general trend is towards greater private neighborhood oversight of aesthetics such as grass. (i loved the summer's Doonesbury skits on Cali) It would be great to find an example of an enlightened neighborhood and track the effects of such upon property values.

I am a Master's in Planning student and have begun following the listserv dialogues because I plan on writing a thesis on community gardens and their relationship to property values. Any info on that specific variable would be very much appreciated.

Sincerely

Brian Kehoe
Masters in Urban Planning
University of Buffalo