Holiday Cards

I am a professional photographer in Tucson, AZ that has photographed community gardens extensively in Tucson and in Missoula, MT. If ACGA wanted to use some of my images for a fundraiser, I would definitely be open to discussing that further. In the past, different nonprofit organizations have used my images for postcards and greeting cards. I am not sure about the exact costs, but I know Modern Postcard offers good rates for postcards and maybe also greeting cards.

Cheers,
Josh Schachter

From: Alliums <garlicgrower@earthlink.net>
To: community_garden@mallorn.com
Subject: Re: [cg] Holiday Cards
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:14:18 -0500

Shelly wrote:
s,
Each holiday season our org sends greeting cards to our garden leaders, other volunteers, garden supporters, funders, etc. I would love to find a source of cards that have to do with the holidays and gardening, or better yet...community gardening. Too bad I'm not an artist...I can think of some ziggy ideas....a warm compost pile steaming as the snow falls, looking through a frosty window (decked with holly) at group of gardeners sitting around a table exploring seed catalogs (and drinking egg nog), kids digging the last carrots out of the ground (underneath a heavy straw mulch)....you get the idea. Anyone know of a source of such cards?

Wait a minute -- we have artists in the group -- anyone know how expensive it would be to do a bunch of cards like Shelly suggests and sell them as an ACGA fundraiser? It sounds like a good idea. . .

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of