  • Subject: [cg] dogwoods
  • From: "a.h.steely" gfcp@mindspring.com
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:56:58 -0500

The anthracnose is supposed to be some foreign thing that came in
accidentally.  The native dogwoods are being affected.  Our instructor at
the native species class said that if you dig in compost and find a tree
that is free of anthracnose sometimes you can keep the tree growing.
However, we are in the relative countryside compared to NYC.  The
environmental onslaught would kill me so I understand the "tree in Brooklyn"
checking out.
Helen Steely
Hbg., Pa.