Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 9:23 AM
Subject: [cg] War Garden E-Book

I came across an e-book from 1919!

This was a book put out by the War Garden Commission circa WWI, and is available for free online as an e-book. There is a whole chapter on Community Gardening during that era, that you may be interested in checking out...

http://www.earthlypursuits.com/WarGarV/WarGard9.htm

Amanda

Amanda Maria Edmonds
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
"To forget to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves."
- Mahatma Ghandi