employers providing community gardens

  • Subject: [cg] employers providing community gardens
  • From: scolli@columbus.rr.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:19:00 -0500

Hi!
Does anyone know of any examples of employers who provide community gardens for employees?  I know some exist, and I'd like to know more about them.  In Toledo, Ohio, the Medical College of Ohio used to provide one in the 80's but then stopped it because the land where the garden was located was sighted for some type of development, but apparently that never happened.  I've talked to quite a few people who were a part of this garden as employees of MCO, and of course, they found it very valuable, and were disappointed when it ended.

Shelly

We are stardust, we are golden, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden .  .  .