Friends of Troy Gardens (Madison, WI) Executive Director job posting
- Subject: [cg] Friends of Troy Gardens (Madison, WI) Executive Director job posting
- From: Marcia Caton Campbell <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:48:34 -0600
- Content-disposition: inline
- Content-language: en
- Priority: normal
I am posting this job announcement on behalf of the Friends of Troy Gardens. Please direct inquires to Sharon Lezberg at Sharon@troygardens.org, rather than replying to this posting.
Marcia Caton Campbell
Friends of Troy Gardens Board of Directors
Executive Director, The Friends of Troy Gardens (Madison, Wisconsin)
The Friends of Troy Gardens (FTG), a Madison-based non-profit organization, is seeking an Executive Director. This is an exciting opportunity to build on the successes of FTG in developing a community-managed sustainable agroecology site and creating education programs in sustainable food production and natural areas conservation.
The Executive Director is responsible for the ongoing development and management of the Friends of Troy Gardens organization, the supervision of FTG staff and programs, and oversight of the stewardship of the Troy Gardens site.
The E.D. is accountable to the FTG Board of Directors for all aspects of FTG administration, program planning and operations, and site development/maintenance, including coordinating and/or executing the following duties:
· Management of financial, personnel, and program operations, including supervision and evaluation of all staff;
· Development and implementation of appropriate organizational structure and policies;
· Mobilization of needed financial, volunteer, and other resources, including fundraising and grantwriting and reporting to funders;
· Coordination of FTG board functions and FTG membership development;
· Overall coordination and evaluation of Troy Gardens Programs, including the CSA farm, community gardens, kids’ gardening program, Farm and Field training program, and natural areas restoration programs;
· Management of collaborative projects, specifically the “Troy Gardens Sustainable Urban Agriculture Learning Community” and the “Healthful Foods, Healthy Communities” projects;
· Coordination of outreach, communications and publicity to the Northside community to enhance participation in Troy Gardens Programs and to inform the larger community about Troy Gardens;
- Minimum of three years experience, and demonstrated skills in nonprofit development and administration, fundraising and grantwriting, and in program development and management.
- Experience working with volunteers, non-profits and community-based organizations.
- Excellent communication skills (including public speaking and writing), people skills and computer skills (preferably spreadsheets, database, desktop publishing, word processing).
- Experience in the areas of agriculture/food production and natural areas restoration and education.
- This is a full-time position (full-time is defined as averaging 40 hours per week), with an annual salary from $32,000 - $36,000, depending on qualifications.
- Cash benefit in lieu of health insurance (at 12.35 % of salary).
- During the first year, paid time off benefits include: 10 days (80 hours) paid vacation, 8 days (64 hours) paid holidays, and up to 8 paid (64 hours) sick days for a 12 month time period.
- FTG currently has funding for this position for one year. Continued employment will depend, at least partially, on the E.D.s ability to procure continued funding (Employment of any individual within the position is dependent on satisfactory performance.)
Application and Hiring Timeline:
Please view our website at www.troygardens.org for information about the organization and for the full job description and application/cover letter instructions. If you have further questions about the position or application process after reviewing these materials, feel free to contact me by phone (608) 240-0409 or e-mail (Sharon@troygardens.org).
To apply for this position, please send the following materials to the address below by Monday, December 13, 2004:
· Cover letter (instructions on web site)
· References (three who can speak to your skills and experiences, at least one should be a former employer)
· A writing sample in addition to the cover letter (limit three pages)
· Any additional information you wish to provide (please limit attachments to three pages)
Please send your application to:
Friends of Troy Gardens
Room 171, Building 14
3601 Memorial Drive
Madison, WI 53704
Marcia Caton Campbell
Department of Urban and Regional Planning
and Gaylord Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
Director, Madison Food System Project
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Old Music Hall, 925 Bascom Mall
Madison, WI 53706-1317
Phone: (608) 262-8990; FAX: (608) 262-9307
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden