Re: [tb-cybergardens]: Incorporation of Community Garden &Public Green Space in New, Manhattan Contruction Project
- Subject: [cg] Re: [tb-cybergardens]: Incorporation of Community Garden &Public Green Space in New, Manhattan Contruction Project
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:36:50 -0500
The Liz Christy Garden has gone down the same path this year and it might be interesting to document how we and you worked with the developer to insure the gardens are safe. It may be useful to other gardens having to deal with developers
To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:35:32 -0500
Subject: [tb-cybergardens]: Incorporation of Community Garden & Public Green Space in New, Manhattan Contruction Project
I sit on Manhattan Community Board 4's Land Use and Zoning Committee. The first item on our agenda at John Jay College committee meeting will be Clinton Green Project construction issues on their sitein the West 50's. The committee will be listening to how the developer is progressing, and is working with him to make sure he does the "right thing," in terms of his cohabitation with the OASIS community garden and his promise to create contiguous green space.
While this is, as Chair Levin states, an informational meeting, it may be instructive, to gardeners whose sites are adjacent to new construction, to observe the process.
To attend the meeting, please enter John Jay College through it's west side of 10th Avenue entrance, between 58th & 59th Streets. Show your ID at the desk, descend the escalator, walk past the police and fire dept displays towards the rear elevator banks. The meeting is on the top floor.
Member Manhattan Community Board 4
Sent: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 9:05:48 AM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: This week's C/HKLU meeting
Please note that this week's land use committee meeting will start earlier than usual - at 6 pm. The first agenda item will address construction management issues - after hours work, etc. - that have arisen now that Clinton Green construction is underway. No committee action is required on that item, so if you are not able to join us until our usual 6:30 start time we'll understand. Please do come if you can, though; we need a good turnout to encourage the developer to "do the right thing."
See you Wednesday. Anna
NOV 9 - Clinton/Hell's Kitchen Land Use
6:00 p.m. * NOTE TIME CHANGE *
John Jay College, Room 630-T - 899 Tenth Av., b. 58/59
1. Report & Discussion: Construction management at Clinton Green/Mosaic project (51st - 53rd Sts, east of 10th Av.)
2. Presentation & Discussion: preliminary development proposal by The Hakimian Organization for conversion of 636 11th Av. (46th/47th) to residential use
3. Witkoff Group development at 300-306 W. 44th St. - request for support of extension of special permit for a parking garage.
4. How Zoning Works in Clinton/Hell's Kitchen, continued. Discussion of Special Clinton District regulations (time permitting)
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: email@example.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden