Searching for great organic gardens for TV series

  • Subject: [cg] Searching for great organic gardens for TV series
  • From: Kay Richardson keizi@mindspring.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:43:29 -0800

Hello gardeners,

I've just joined this list serve in an attempt to make contact with
one or more among you who might help further the cause of promoting
sustainable gardening practices to the American mainstream.

I am working with a producer to develop a TV series for cable. The
subject is green design: homes, gardens and communities designed to
be sustainable. We have already completed a pilot/promo shot in the
Bay Area and are in the last phase of putting our written pitch
together to try to sell it to a cable network. Our goal is to frame
things in a way that will reach out to more of a mainstream audience.
It's a kind of introduction for many people that have no idea of the
concept. Rather than a 'how to' it's mainly showcasing the great
things happening now all across the country.

  We need to present our potential ideas for the series and one of
the things I'm lacking are some great gardens to showcase. I
personally feel passionate about community gardening and certainly
want to use a few, but I think we need more diversity for this
particular series. We need projects that are special and inspiring!
So here are the things I'm looking for:

___ beautiful organic home garden (can be edible, ornamental,
permaculture, biodynamic etc)
___        "          roof top garden ( non commercial)
___small neighborhood community garden
___urban community garden

The regions where we are planning to do the shows are:

1.     The Bay Area

2.     Los Angeles

3.     Portland, Oregon

4.      Santa Fe, Taos area

5.     Austin, Texas

6.      Denver, Colorado

7.      Chicago, IL,

8.      Kansas City, MO

9.     Atlanta, Georgia

10.   Sarasota Florida

11. Charleston, South Carolina region

12.  Washington, DC

13.   NYC

We we are open to anyplace within about 100 miles or so of these
regions. I would be very  grateful for any help or even the name of a
contact person in any of these regions whom I might call. Thanks!

                 Kay Richardson

                 Project Coordinator

                 Design For Life