Searching for great organic gardens for TV series - A FewQuestions

  • Subject: [cg] Searching for great organic gardens for TV series - A FewQuestions
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:43:29 EST

Dear Paid, or on Spec Film Project Coordinator,

Friend - This enquiring,  long-time (30 years plus)  organic community
gardener has a few questions, and would be quite interested in getting answers -
please - before answering your query.
This listserv gets lots of offers all the time - so I'm sure that others on
this listserv have the same questions that I have. Your candor alacrity in
response to this request for information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation,
Adam Honigman

For starters: You're getting money and a career credit for this project- what
do you and your producers offer gardens that put up with the inconvenience of
a media crew in their gardens? What's in it for gardeners who will have to do
horse-and-pony shows for your cameras during the height of season?

First question - Have you joined the American Community Gardening
Association? You found this listserv through the website - an individual membership would
show that you are actually interested in trading wampum for wampum.  Or are
you looking for a freebie for your  production company?

Second question -  what are you prepared to offer as  an up-front
contribution to the American Community Gardening Association for using this forum to make
money for yourself and your production company, as well as the eventual
syndication dreams that have to circle your head like dancing sugarplums?

Third question - what is your track record? What have you done in media, who
are the people who are working with you? PBS, The Rodales and other reputable
medial organizations have reached out on this listserve before, and come
forward with their bonefides - up front. Who are you, who is your producer, who are
you pitching your project to?

Great organic gardens exist all over this country - and gardening really
exists without being a televised event - really.  What are you and your
organization willing to provide, up front and in contract to promote the American
Community Gardening Association and the betterment of community gardens throughout
the United States and Canada -

Ya see, there are some truly amazing organic gardens in Canada - that you
should be pitching to as well.