Re: gardening in south africa

Hi, Paul;
You may want to contact John Jeavons/Ecology Action's project in Kenya.
Apparently, they have done wonderful work there.

Here is a text on the video about the project:

A Journey in Kenya - Biointensive Farmers 1993, Price $ 12.00
Sandra Mardigian and Doug Burck revisit graduates from Manor House
Agricultural Centre that they sponsored, and
document the amazing, positive changes that have resulted from Biointensive
gardens, both for individuals and for
whole villages! Wonderful hope-filled scenes of African gardens and
gardeners. About 20 minutes.

Text from:
http://www.crest.org/sustainable/ecology_action/index.html

Contact Ecology Action with your questions at :
Tel: 707.459.5958
Fax:707.459.6410

A fax will be cheaper for you, and they will respond to your questions
quickly.
You could get names and numbers of key people at the Manor House.

Best of luck!

--
John Edward Verin
Senior Apprentice

Food is power... are you in control of yours?

"...it's going to take a wrenching change of heart in those citizens of the
world who have the world's goods in abundance.
Each of us must begin to experience the empowerment to change the world that
comes from simplicity and wanting less."

- John Jeavons