Our Spiritual Relationship to Plants, Reprise

In July, I request one and all to contribute their thoughts and ideas on
their spiritual connection to plants.  I got a wonderful outpouring from
so many people.  I tried my level best to respond to one and all, but in
the hub bub that is daily life on this planet, I might have missed one
or two, my heartfelt gratitude goes to all who contributed.

I have now given two lectures on that topic.  The first was a 30 minute
intro lecture that I had to give in order to get the job teaching a
botany class.  I got the job.  The 2nd was given a couple weeks ago and
the notes/quotes etc are now up on my class web site.  If you desire,
come by and check it out - I think a full 4 hour workshop is next for me
on this subject, there is a lot of interest in it.

Not mentioned at the web site but of extreme value none-the-less for my
preparation for this topic was the book "Plant Spirit Medicine" by Cowan
(turns out that a friend of a friend is studying with him at this time),
The Plant-Man Council (do I have that right? University of VA) and their
report, "The Connections Between Plants and Man" and many others.

http://people.we.mediaone.net/agreenman/Yo/Index.htm

About midway down the page are three columns of Acrobat files.  "Notes
for Week 8" is the Spirituality Lecture, "A Walking Meditation" is
adapted from "The Healing Power of Trees"  a light and otherwise
self-serving text, but, using the scenario of  "take what you need and
leave the rest", this exercise has excellent potential.  If you wrote me
look at the "Spirituality Quotes" and see if you made it there.  I got a
huge amount of material and some of what you said was just too special
to let it go away.  Beware - my next goal is to turn this into an
introductory botany book, working title is "Botany for Everyman" or "The
Karl Marx Botany Book".  Something like that...  You might well turn up
there as well.

Thank you one and all.  I am still interested in learning - if you have
more to add, if you have links of interest, please make them available
to me.  This is, evidently, going to be my lecture forte, I just as well
ought to get damn good at it.

Again, I am so indebted to all of you.

David King
Consulting Horticulturalist