RE: Greetings and Starting a Suburban Community Garden

Liz:

I don't know if Washington DC has anything like NYC's Dept of the
Environment's Farmers Green Market program. Call (212) 477-3220 and ask them
to send you brochure's etc. The Greenmarkets ( Farmer's Markets) are spread
all throughout NYC on different days providing a venue for local farmers to
sell produce that they themselves have grown without a middleman. Please
visit our website, Clintoncommunitygarden.org and our links to Green
Guerrillas, The American Community Gardening Association and others...

Good luck. But make sure before you start that you have people with strong
backs and commitment in your area that are willing to do this. Many
urbanites like gardens but the idea of moving dirt around repels them. I
however, get most of my real exercise from gardening and am going to be
digging a drainage area near our composting area this weekend ( pull our the
Ben-Gay!)

All the best

Adam