Greetings and Starting a Suburban Community Garden

Hi there,

I live just outside of Washington, D.C.  I'd like to drum up support in my
community to start a garden.  I'd like to link our vegetable production to
farmers' markets in underserved areas near us.  I don't know how to ask
for/get a little land to do this.  The largest open chunk of land in our
neighborhood is the elementary school.  Should I talk to the School Board?
The Park Authority?  The Extension Service?  The Board of Supervisors?  All
of those?  I'd appreciate any advice/insight you might have.  Thanks and
regards, Liz Kirchner