RE: RE: community gardens

Melanie,

1) The Eagle Heights Community Garden is probably  the oldest University run
Community Garden in the states. This garden is my hero:
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~ehgarden/ . These guys should have all kinds of
stats, records and stuff on file because they are beholden to University of
Wisconsin at Madison ( the Unversity owns the land.)

Less pertinent to your query, but information that you should know if you
wanna garden in the good ol' USA.

2) This is an apprenticeship master gardener's program founded at UC Santa
Cruz that was founded by the Babe Ruth of Bio-Intensive French Market
Gardening, the English wildman, Alan Chadwick:
http://zzyx.ucsc.edu/casfs/brochure98.html

2a) Websites about Alan Chadwick:
http://store.yahoo.com/seedsofchange/tribtoalchad.html ;

http://www.ibiblio.org/london/orgfarm/permaculture/Alan.Chadwick/ ;

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/cruz/10.02.97/chadwicks-garden-9740.html

3) Get yourself a comfortable chair, a warm libation, turn on some music and
follow the subject strings in  the archive of the listserve. You'll prpbably
find more of what you need:

Happy Gardening and researching,

Adam Honigman

from the non-U community garden in Hell's Kitchen,
 the Clinton Community Garden http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org