quality of life indicators

Hi Everyone,
We're in the middle of garden cleanup time,  as I'm sure most of you are
also.To me this also means garden evaluation time.

Can I ask everyone to share the questions that you ask gardeners  when
evalutating cg programs?  I think that getting a handle on how community
gardening affects people and communities,  nutritionally, physically and
emotionally, is one of the hardest things to quantify and one of the most
important for our continuation. Non-cg people always want to know how a cg
improves the community and the person and how much money is saved.

I know that a recent Greening Review covered this topic but it didn't
provide evaluation tools. Figuring out what questions to ask, and how to ask
them, to best elicit quantifiable anecdotes / quality of life indicators, is
quite a technique and one that improves with experience.

Let's share our experience with one another. I will compile everything you
care to send in and then put them in some sort of format that is available
to all. If you don't care to post them to the listserve, you can email or
mail them directly to me.

Laura

Laura Berman
FoodShare Toronto