RE: Re: Fencing vs. quality of life

Why should a community garden permit it's hard work and sweat equity
investment for the community be destroyed and degraded by those individuals
who engage in anti-social and quite frankly, sociopathic activities?

A community garden is like a library: their uses require certain behaviors.
In a library you talk softly to enable others to read and research; in a
community garden one gardens or peacefully enjoys - respecting the work and
tranquility of others.  Those who do not want to garden or quietly enjoy the
space  should not have access to it ( a cg is NOT a playground, a toilet, a
place to get high, turn tricks, engage in anti-social, illegal  activities.)

I have found that those who complain the most about elitism when fences are
erected in community gardens  are usually not to be found to clean up after
the feral humans who vandalise them.

 How can you maintain a volunteer gardener base when the love and work they
expend in the garden is used as toilet paper by skeeves? It's like letting
someone step on your heart.

Get a fence, keep the garden accessable to gardeners and neighborhood
residents who will respect the place. Way to go, Katherine!

Good luck,