Pumpkin Patch

  • Subject: [cg] Pumpkin Patch
  • From: "Leonard Sheard" <lsheard@wi-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:37:11 -0500

We are planning to plant a pumpkin patch next spring to provide pumpkins to area children for a Halloween pumpkin carving/painting party.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a "best" variety pumpkin for this project?  What secrets are there for growing the huge pumpkins for contests?  Any hints from those who have done this kind of thing before?  We are in central Wisconsin.
Len Sheard
Iola Community Garden