Mini-Web Site Offer

  • Subject: [cg] Mini-Web Site Offer
  • From: "Jim Call" <jimcall@casagarden.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:35:48 -0500

Greetings:
As many of you know, I have a web site called (www.casagarden.com) whose
purpose is to promote a local 501 c(3) organization called Care Assurance
System for the Aging and Homebound (CASA) and its community garden.   Since
I personally own the web site, I can make changes (as I wish) to it.  So, to
this end, I am offering a new feature to those "community" gardens who do
not have a web presence (for whatever reasons, lack of resources, expertise,
etc.) by offering a "mini-site" dedicated to your garden operation.

This offer goes like this:

                 You will get:

                              - 1 Web Page using a "boilerplate" design
                              - Up to 2 pictures per site
                              - 500 to 750 words of text (still pondering on
this)
                              - Updated 3 times a year (spring, mid-summer,
fall)
                                                        Updates received via
email.
                              - Additional info (contact info,
acknowledgement to garden
                                           supporters, garden wish list,
drop off locations)
                 What I require:
                              - Email address (contact person per mini-site)
                              - Each community garden must partner up with
the Plant a Row
                                   For the Hungry Program (PAR) and donate a
portion of your
                                   harvest to the needy in your community.
This "portion"
                                   is decided by each operation.  For
example, designate a
                                   special area in your garden for PAR
donations.
                              - Report your harvest donation total to PAR at
least once a year
                                (maybe at the end of the harvest season). We
report monthly.
Thats it.  No cost.

If your garden is already participating in the PAR program and you do not
have a web site, you're good to go.

OK, so you are thinking, what does this "mini-site" look like anyway.

Just click on..   http://www.casagarden.com/community_garden_template.htm

to see the template.  Currently, you can't get to this page from my site.

Initially, I plan to manage 20 of these garden sites.  I have gotten the
blessing from Carol Ledbetter, PAR's Program Administrator and Laura Berman
of the ACGA thinks its a good thing as well.

The main reason I'm offering this is to help the Garden Writers Assoc. of
America's PAR Program
in its efforts to help the needy in our communities.  Plus, since I have a
web site, I thought I could help promote others in their gardening efforts.

Statistically, I do not experience a high traffic rate compared to most
sites.  I think I fare well compared to most CG sites.  During the height of
our growing season, my site was getting about 30K hits a month.  So, more
than likely your "mini-site" will get some exposure.

So, there it is.  If you interested in this offer, please email me.  If you
are not interested, please email me any enhancements you may have to make it
better.

                                  Kindest regards,  Jim Call, Volunteer CASA
Garden Director