Fundraising

Hi all. WCG is in the process of evaluating our fundraising efforts through
large events. In the past we have put on a large plant sale in early July
where we have gleaned plants from wholesale nurseries that are about to shut
down operations for the year. This has been successful, but extremely taxing
on our staff and volunteers, and actually (surprise!) July is not really a
good time for planting leggy petunias in Utah. As we think about refining
our approach for this event, we'd also like to consider other things that
may assist us in fundraising efforts.

I thought I would come to this list and ask if you could share an example or
two of solid fundraising events. Let us know about creative things that have
grown out of your unique community. Tell us if that Rhodendrum Run in 1994
was a good idea but didn't work out because the timing was off... Do any of
you have formal black tie sorts of things in your gardens? Any sort of tips
or ideas that you'd like to share would be great. If you'd like to reply off
list, my email address is below... Thanks!

Ginger Ogilvie
Community Gardening Coordinator
Wasatch Community Gardens
(801) 359-2658 phone/fax (801) 322-4810