Re: Fundraising

One of our more succesful fundraisers here in
Columbia, MO is our 'Chefs in the Garden Tour and
Dinner'. We partner with a local restaurant with an
upscale (culinarily speaking) reputation to cook a
benefit dinner from produce out of the gardens and
from local farms. We target the folks with money,
sensitive palates, and a taste for local food cooked
in season.

If you can talk the restaurant into free or cheap use
of their facilities (we've always done the event on a
Sunday when the restaurant was otherwise closed, hence
they don't lose business) and get most or all of your
produce donated, the costs are pretty low. We do a
tour the same day of a mixture of community and
private gardens. We set the cost of the tickets at
$30. Our biggest set-back has been getting the word
out and thus the tickets sold.

Hope this helps-

Kevin
Community Garden Coalition