FW: CYBERGARDENS: Garden Supplies Available

  • Subject: [cg] FW: CYBERGARDENS: Garden Supplies Available
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:32:17 -0500

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Kagle, Rebecca [mailto:rebeccak@WaveHill.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 2:52 PM
To: cybergardens@treebranch.com
Subject: CYBERGARDENS: Garden Supplies Available

> Hello,
>
> The Wave Hill Forest Project (a program that does forest restoration work
> in Riverdale Park and Wave Hill with high school students and community
> volunteers) is consolidating its materials due to upcoming construction.
> We are getting rid of many things and would love to find homes for them,
> rather than throwing them away.   Any of this stuff is available to be
> picked up at Wave Hill (in the Northern Bronx) by next Friday (November
> 9th).
>
> Things available are:
> 1 metal wheeled cart(approx. 15" x 28")
> 1 "virtual forest" (best with cart)  -  consists of two 2-2.5' tall
> plexiglass boxes meant to show forest soil layers or to show the growth of
> tap roots in a classroom.
> 1 box used high quality work gloves (~ 40 pairs)
> 5 rolls of black plastic (~300-500 sq. ft each)
> 1 box anchor pins for black plastic (~500 pins)
> 1 large black water storage barrel (solid plastic)
> 3 cement mixing trays
> black hexagonal pvc pots: 8" (~30), 6" (~25)
> black circular pvc pots: 8" (~20), 6.5" (~30), 5.5" (~35), 4.5" (~20)
> circular recyclable pots (less thick plastic): 5.5" (~30), 4.5" (25)
> ~40 smaller pots of various sizes and colors
> Many packets of Martha Stewart seeds (some zinnias, but mostly marigolds).
>
> Please contact us by email or phone if you have questions or interest in
> any of these resources.
>
> Thanks,
> Rebecca Kagle
> Forest Project Assistant Manager
> rebeccak@wavehill.org
> (718)549-3200 ext. 223, or ext. 221

--- CYBERGARDENS
the e-mail.

If you have any questions about or problems with this mailing list,
please send e-mail to the list moderator dave lutz at
"dave.lutz@treebranch.com".
sites concerning the environment, open space, and related urban
issues in New York City.

The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of the organization's services for community gardens. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to www.communitygarden.org.