Re: youth food garden curriculums

  • Subject: Re: [cg] youth food garden curriculums
  • From: Emma Figueira <emmaf@ag.arizona.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:20:15 -0700

Hi Saskia,
The Junior Master Gardener curriculum may provide some useful information.  They currently have both a basic and nutrition curriculum and are working on an advanced level for older students.  It has a service learning component that may interest you.  Visit their Web Site at http://www.jmgkids.com.
I would be very interested seeing your curriculum once developed!
Best of Luck,
Emma Figueira

Original Message: 9
Subject: [cg] youth food garden curriculums
Hello! My name is Saskia Esslinger and I'm an
Americorps*VISTA at the Sustainable Food Center in
Austin, TX. I'm writing a curriculum for a youth food
gardening club, and I was wondering if anyone knew of
anything like that out there. I've found a few, but
if anyone had any tips for me, I'd greatly appreciate
it! Thanks!
Saskia Esslinger
Youth Garden VISTA
Sustainable Food Center

Emma Figueira
Youth and Community Gardening Program Coordinator
University of Arizona
Maricopa County Cooperative Extension
4341 E Broadway
Phoenix AZ  85040