Re: youth food garden curriculums

  • Subject: Re: [cg] youth food garden curriculums
  • From: "Stacy Carr" <CARRS@nwf.org>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:17:15 -0500

Hi Saskia,

You should check out the Jr. Master Gardener program.  They have a great curriculum for kids that has many of the same ideas as the adult Master Gardener program.  They are an educational program of the cooperative extension service and are based out of Texas A&M.

Thier website:   www.jmgkids.com

>>> Saskia Esslinger <smlae@yahoo.com> 10/31/01 11:49AM >>>
Hello!  My name is Saskia Esslinger and I'm an
Americorps*VISTA at the Sustainable Food Center in
Austin, TX.  I'm writing a curriculum for a youth food
gardening club, and I was wondering if anyone knew of
anything like that out there.  I've found a few, but
if anyone had any tips for me, I'd greatly appreciate
it!  Thanks!

Saskia Esslinger
Youth Garden VISTA
Sustainable Food Center