Send a Get Well Note to A Park & Garden Loving Mayor, Bertrand Delanoë

  • Subject: [cg] Send a Get Well Note to A Park & Garden Loving Mayor, Bertrand Delanoë
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:23:56 -0400

Friends ( or in this case Amis):

Among the presenter-attendees at last summer's ACGA conference was a
delegation of French community gardeners. Among the more remarkable things
that we learned was that the government of the City of Paris had sent a
representative to learn more about our community gardens in view to their
applicability in the "City of Light".

It was my honor to guide this representative, and her family through the
Clinton Community Garden and try, in my excreable French to explain what we
do. Fortunately, some of our French sister gardeners translated, but in
reality our gardens, and the community gardens of New York, and the pictures
and stories of community gardens from all over the country and the world
helped us seem...logical.

We've had a garden hating mayor in NYC, Mayor Giuliani.  The other side of
the coin is Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoë  who believes in Parks, Gardens,
less auto congestion ( and has lowered parking fees on the outskirts of
Paris to encourage use of public transit) decentralized governmental control
and increasing the joy that everyday citizens take in living in Paris.

Of course, it is the nature of things that Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoë was
stabbed by an ill-mannered fellow who had a problem with the fact that the
Mayor is gay.
Fortunately, Mayor Betrand Delanoë is on the mend.
Here is the website of the City of Paris. http://www.paris-france.org/  When
you open the site, the article reads:
 L'état de santé de Bertrand Delanoë "n'inspire pas d'inquiétude"
L'état de santé du Maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, blessé d'un coup de
couteau au ventre dans la nuit de samedi à dimanche, "n'inspire pas
d'inquiétude" a indiqué, dimanche, l'hôpital de la Pitié-Salpêtrière dans un
communiqué.

When you get to the bottom of that web caption, please click on "cliquez
ici" to send this enlightened civil servant ( and I am told, a nice man) a
get well note.  Under the circumstances, I think that a note in English is
more than OK.
Votre ami,
Adam Honigman