Fwd: Let Us Hear About Your Garden & Garden Program

  • Subject: Fwd: [cg] Let Us Hear About Your Garden & Garden Program
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:45:51 EDT

--- Begin Message ---
  • Subject: Re: [cg] Let Us Hear About Your Garden & Garden Program
  • From: "Lucy Moreno-Casanova" lucym@greyston.org
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:28:05 -0500
just very quick, let me tell you that the Greyston Community Garden
was very busy this garden season. In partnership with the
Technology computer center, we develop a summer camp called
Enviro-tech, we used a convination of environmental issues and
tecnology and created our name. The participants were involved in
growing a vegetable garden,  they study and learned the best they
were able to about certains vegetables, they planted the seeds,
learned facts about it, and care of them while they grew. During all
the process, all the knoledge they had learned at the garden, they
transfered it to the computer, they worked on a web-site and they
did really good, the program was finished with a presentation to
parents and other community residents, and of course a B.B.Q and
a picture in our local Newspaper.

Lucy Moreno-Casanova
Greyston Community Garden Coordinator
21 Park Ave.